|1. A. amazing||B. charge||C. female||D. taste|
|2. A. break||B. breath||C. thread||D. tread|
|3. A. enough||B. plough||C. rough||D. tough|
|4. A. believes||B. dreams||C. girls||D. parents|
|5. A. kissed||B. laughed||C. looked||D. loved|
|6. A. campaign||B. female||C. humour||D. partner|
|7. A. advice||B. contact||C. mature||D. maintain|
|8. A. favourite||B. recommend||C. understand||D. volunteer|
|9. A. argument||B. counsellor||C. reconcile||D. romantic|
|10. A. comfbrtable||B. preservative||C. relationship||D. significant|
11. I was shocked to find out my boyfriend had cheated on me.
A. Angry B. pleased C. upset D. worried
12. He was furious with himself for letting things get out of control.
A. Angry B. confused C. sad D. surprised
13. Mary and John have a lot in common.
A. Live together B. spend lots of time together
C. Share similar ideas D. share accommodation
14. She felt unsafe and insecure in love.
A. Anxious B. calm C. silly D. unlucky
15. I am now reconciled with two of my estranged siblings – not just my older brother, but my sister, whom I hadn’t spoken to for 17 years.
A. Contactable B. harmonised C. opposed D. truthful
16. When couples encounter problems or issues, they may wonder when it is
appropriate to visit a mairriage counsellor.
A. Advisor B. director C. professor D. trainer
17. He doesn’t completely trust Online partners, as they usually hide their real identity.
A. Argument B. decision C. opinion D. personality
18. Sometimes, in order to get things done, you have to take the initiative.
A. Make the last decision B. make important changes
C. Raise the first idea D. sacrifce for others
19. From the moment they met, he was completely attracted by her.
A. Accepted B. fascinated C. influenced D. rejected
20. She was so happy when he got down on bended knee and popped the question.
A. Asked her out
B. Asked her to be on a date
C. Asked her to gi ve him some money
D. Asked her to marry him
21. Gary didn’t always see eye to eye with his father, and this is where the honesty shows through.
A. Agree with B. be truthful with C. look up to D. take after
22. Some parents strongly oppose their children’s romantic relationship.
A. Assist B. forbid C. ignore D. preserve
23. I was really depressed about his winning the election, like a lot of people.
A. Fed up B. pessimistic C. satisfied D. unhappy
24. Miss Walker was a mature lady when she married.
A. Annoyed B. childish C. energetic D. sensitive
25. Students are advised to tune out distractions and focus on study.
A. Avoid B. forget C. neglect D. regard
26. Don’t confess your love to your friends unless you know they feel the same way.
A. Admit B. conceal C. declare D. expose
27. Among ữiends again, we may be happy to confide our innermost secrets.
A. Admit B. conceal C. hint D. reveal
28. Most of us, even with every communication option possible, drift apart from
A. Be independent B. be associated
C. Be isolated D. be separated
29. Then the strangest thing happens – Will and Marcus strike up an unusual friendship.
A. Cover up B. give up C. make up D. remain
30. He’ll give Joe a red rose and a lovey-dovey poem he wrote.
A. Lovesick B. romantic C. tragic D. wild
31. Feel free to bring along your significant other to the party.
A. Dear B. foe C. mate D. spouse
32. I look up to my father for my whole life.
A. Depend on B. disapprove C. disrespect D. underestimate
33. He’s a wonderful example of a kind-hearted person with good judgement.
A. Inhuman B. tolerant C. generous D. sympathetic
34. The situation seemed hopeless and desperation filled them both with anger.
A. Pessimistic B. pointless C. promising D. useless
35. I don’t know what to say to break the _____ with someone I’ve just met at the party.
A. Air B. ice C. leg D. rule
36. Their close friendship ______ a romantic relationship.
A. Brings about B. puts up C. takes over D. turns into
37. It’s time I_______ and raised a family.
A. Carried on B. grew up C. settled down D. worked out
38. They fell _______ because they disagreed on the care of their young son.
A. Apart B. away C. out D. over
39. All the three boys seem to fall _______ over heels in love with her.
A. Head B. heart C. mind D. soul
40. She says she has kissed and _____ up with Nigel, and the reunion was a fun night.
A. Caught B. done C. made D. took
41. Due to financial conflict over years, they decided to get ________ .
A. Divorced B. engaged C. married D. proposed
42. Many husbands and wives can’t remember why they ever got ________ in the
first place because they no longer have anything in common.
A. Divorced B. engaged C. married D. proposed
43. We started________ out together before we realised we were in love.
A. Asking B. eating C. going D. hanging
44. Parents are always willing to lend a sympathetic _______ to their children
when they have problems.
A. Hand B. ear C. eye D. paw
45. I have a______ on a classmate who is very near and dear to me.
A. Crush B. desire C. flame D. passion
46. Jane arranged for me to go on a/an _______ date with a guy from her office.
A. Blind B. group C. Online D. speed
47. ______ dating involves couples going out together. It gives you the chance to
see how your date interacts with other people.
A. Blind B. Group C. Online D. Speed
48. If you are lucky, it will be love at first _________ .
A. Look B. see C. sight D. site
49. When you start dating somebody regularly, we say that you are _________
A. Knowing B. looking C. seeing D. viewing
50. His youngest daughter was the ________ of his eye.
A. Apple B. honey C. sweet D. strawberry
51. What’s the matter? You look _______ .
A. Happily B. sadly C. unhappy D. unhappily
52. I have been very _______ up to this point, but I am going to lose my temper if
you don’t find my baggage immediately.
A. Impatiently B. impatient C. patient D. patiently
53. You seem more_________ now.
A. Relaxed B. relax C. relaxing D. relaxingly
54. These watennelons were________ sweet.
A. Excepting B. exception C. exceptional D. exceptionally
55. The cake tastes_______.
A. Good B. goodly C. well D. badly
56. That kitten’s fur_______ so soft.
A. Looks B. sounds C. smells D. tastes
57. The waves crashed on the shore where they_____ cool on my hot feet.
A. Appearcd B. felt C. looked D. sounded
58. The milk went______ within seven days from opening.
A. Bad B. badly C. best D. well
59. You can’t blame an automaker for wanting to design a car that looks ______
even if it doesn’t liave what it takes under the hood.
A. Fast B. fastly C. quick D. quickly
60. My darling, you looked________ in that dress.
A. Beauty B. beautify C. beautiful D. beautifully
61. She looked _______ around for a weapon.
A. Desperate B. desperating C. desperately D. desperation
62. Nicole grew _______ from the hours of overtime at work it became quite
_______ that she needed a long vacation.
A. Tired/obvious B. tired/obviously
C. Tiredly/obvious D. tiredly/obviousỉy
63. The young girl sing _______ .
A. Amazing good B. amazing well
C. Amazingly good D. amazingly well
64. She said she would become a _____ singer _______ .
A. Famous/quick B. famous/quickly
C. Famously/quick D. famously/quickly
65. The skies became ________ as the moon moved between the Earth and the Sun.
A. Surprising dark B. surprising darkly
C. Surprisingly dark D. surprisingly darkly
66. Although my best friend now lives in Da Nang, we still try to keep in touch
_______ each other.
A. For B. on C. up to D. with
67. They said it was a great chance to form new íriendships and enjoy each other’s
A. Companion B. companionable C. companionship D. company
68. Terry has been carrying a torch for Liz for years, but she seems not ________
A. Been noticed B. notice C. noticing D. to notice
69. Many parents are worried that their children will get involved ________ a
romantic relationship in their teenage years.
A. For B. in C. on D. with
70. Some people are meant to fall in love _________ each other but not meant to be together.
A. For B. in C. on D. with
71. Healthy relationships alỉow both partners to feel supported and connected but
still feel ______ .
A. Dependence B. dependent C. depending D. independent
72. Warmth,________ , and understanding should cost nothing in any country.
A. Sympathy B. sympathetic C. sympathise D. sympathising
73. Talking to professional counsellors who are trained to help people to process
feelings, can be most_______ .
A. Beneficial B. beneficially C. beneficiary D. benefit
74. If you have feeling for someone, then you have worked up the __________ to ask them out.
A. Encourage B. encouragement C. courage D. courageous