|1. A. genius||B. gorilla||C. global||D. gases|
|2. A. pollution||B. poaching||C. physical||D. pesticide|
|3. A. warming||B. warn||C. walk||D. wasn’t|
|4. A. floor||B. flood||C. moorland||D. door|
|5. A. increase||B. release||C. please||D. grease|
|6. A. campaign||B. global||C. balance||D. carbon|
|7. A. natural||B. endangered||C. dangerous||D. habitat|
|8. A. rainforest||B. tropical||C. discover||D. animal|
|9. A. pollution||B. continue||C. enormous||D. disappear|
|10. A. devastated||B. environment||C. diversity||D. ecology|
11. We need to cut down on the emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
A. Intake B. retake C. uptake D. discharge
12. Land erosion is mainly caused by widespread deforestation.
A. Afforestation B. refbrestation C. logging D. lawn mowing
13. In the past, a lot of countries denied having contributed to global warming.
A. Agreed B. refuted C. approved D. avoided
14. Most people admit that they contribute to global warming.
A. Be partly responsible for B. disapprove
C. Neglect D. cause
15. We must admit that people are heavily polluting the environment.
A. Decline B. rebut C. deny D. accept
16. In the polluted environment, infectious diseases can be passed easily from one person to another.
A. Fatal B. safe C. contagious D. immune
17. Global warning has severe impact on water supplies.
A. Very good B. very bad C. normal D. long-lasting
18. Global warming occurs when the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere trap the heat from the sun.
A. Catch B.discharge C. dispose D. release
19. Such unhygienic conditions encourage the spread of diseases.
A. Decline B. stability C. decrease D. increase
20. Deforestation is one of the biggest environmental threats to the ecological balance in the world.
A. Sureties B.certainties C. dangers D. safety
21. As fossil fuel resources are running out, it is important for the government to fínd some types of alternative energy.
A. Irreplaceable B. substitute C. impossible D. practical
22. Local people have cut down the íbrests to make way for farming.
A. Allow farming to take place
B. Lose way in farming
C. Have a way of farming
D. Give way to farming
23. Because farmers had been informed about the bad effects of chemical fertilisers, they started using them sparingly on their farms.
A. Carelessly B.moderately C. recklessly D. irresponsibly
24. Global warming is one of the biggest issues facing humans nowadays.
A. Causes B. factors C. concems D. agreements
25. The biggest cause of global warming is carbon dioxide emissions from coal burning power plants.
A. Fauna B. flora C. trees D. factories
26. Global warming effects on people and nature are catastrophic.
A. Destmctive B.constructive C. evaluative D. Creative
27. Coal buming releases a large amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
A. Discourages B. reduces C. relaxes D. discharges
28. The demand for cars is increasing rapidly in the modem world.
A. Need B.offer C. reply D. discovery
29. Forests absorb and capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
A. Take up B.take in C. take over D. take to
30. The process of forests absorbing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere has been disrupted by the current alarming rate of deíòrestation.
A. Discussed B.discovered C. disturbed D. distributed
31. Flood and drought are two major causes of famine.
A. Family B.obesity C. hygiene D. hunger
32. Water shortages are likely to delay economic growth and damage ecosystems.
A. Aid B. advance C. deter D. defer
33. It is important to maintain the biological diversity of the rainíbrests.
A. Similarity B. identity C. variety D. compatibility
34. We may help if we cut down on energy use by using LED lightbulbs and unplug unused electronic devices.
A. Reuse B. reduce C. recycle D. reproduce
35. Reusing and recycling glass, plastic, paper and other Products help to reduce waste and pollution, and conserve natural resources.
A. Preserve B. reserve C. converse D. reverse
36. The thick layer of global warming gases keeps more heat from the sun, which leads to the increase in the earth temperature.
A. Catches B. releases C. allows D. loses
37. Global warming results in climate change and extreme weather patterns.
A. Results from B. causes C. originates D. is due to
38. Our city is going to ban supernarkets from using plastic bags.
A. Reduce B. encourage C. prohibit D. allow
39. Many species are threatened with extinction due to deforestation and loss of habitat.
A. Damaged B. spoilt C. treated D. endangered
40. It is important to raise money to help people who have to suffer consequences of global warming.
A. Collect B. donate C. sponsor D. contribute
41. Everyone should remember to switch off the lights before going out.
A. Go off B. turn off C. take off D. log off
42. We may help to control global warming by reducing carbon footprints in our homes.
A. Putting up with B. getting down to
C. Cutting down on D. going back to
43. Cutting down on energy use is the best way to help reduce global warming.
A. Shrinking B. Declining C. Decreasing D. Increasing
44. We should grow more trees so that they can absorb more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
A. Emit B. take in C. consume D. cut off
45. Releasing too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere can lead to global warming.
A. Result in B. result from C. cause D. activate
46. Farmers turned to bio-fertilisers after they had been told about the dangers of chemical fertilisers.
A. Trusted B. disbelieved C. counted on D. depended on
47. The factory owner denied having said that he should take responsibility for the damage that his factory caused to the surrounding environment.
A. Refuted B. rejected C. opposed D. accepted
48. Some scientists are accused of not having reported the effects of climate change.
A. Exonerated B. blamed C. charged D. complained
49. They were criticised for having acted irresponsibly towards the environment.
A. Blamed B. commended C. condemned D. denounced
50. The factory was fined for having dumped a huge amount of rubbish in to the river.
A. Pnalised B. levied C. compensated D. punished
67. The president of the company officially apologised to the local residents having dumped a large amount of raw sewage in the area.
A. About B. with C. at D. for
68. The factory was accused __________ having caused higher level of pollution
to the environment.
A. About B. on C. of D. for
69. We all admire him _________ having changed both his attitude and behaviours towards the environmental issues.
A. About B. for C. with D. at
70. Human activities are also blamed ___________ having contributed to global
A. For B. on C. at D. with
71. We congratulated him _________ having invented an energy-saving device.
A. For B. at C. about D. on
72. He was criticised_________ not having put the elephant poachers in jail.
A. At B. about C. for D. on
73. His company was punished ____________ not having dumped the rubbish
A. By B. for C. about D. because of
74. The city mayor praised all voluntary students ____________ having cleaned the
playgrounds for the children.
A. For B. because of C. at D. due to
75. He thanked us__________ having contributed to cleaning the surrounding
A. On B. to C. with D. for
76. He was suspected ___________ having received presents from the local
companies and ignored their violations of the environmental law.
A. About B. on C. of D. for
77. Even when arrested, he denied __________ cut down that tree.
A. Has B. having C. have D. have had
78. Those farmers admitted ___________having used more chemical fertilisers than
A. On B. about C. for D. to
79. He forgot ________ promised to cut down on the carbon dioxide emissions
into the atmosphere.
A. To promise B. have C. having D. had
80. I remembered hạving __________ off the lights before leaving home.
A. Switched B. switch C. switching D. switches
81. He regretted not__________ registered for military Service last spring.
A. Have B. having C. having had D. having done
82. The local residents suspected the autborities __________ having kept the
pollution level secret from the local people.
A. About B. on C. of D. for
83. He denied having polluted the environment,________ no one believed him.
A. However B. despite C. but D. in spite of
84. Thank you for having________ the information about global warming.
A. Shared B. sharing C. share D. shares
85. He regretted __________ killed and eaten several rare species.
A. To have B. having C. have D. has
86. His company was ílned ___________ dumped tons of toxic waste near the
A. To have B. because of having
C. Forhaving D. of having
87. These students were rewarded ____________ actively taken part in voluntary
A. With B. bef0re C. on having D. for having
88. She was praised___________ donated a lot of money to the wildlife protection
A. For having B. to have
C. Because of having D. due to having
89. I remember _________ advised you to stop hunting endangered animals.
A. To have B. having C. have D. had
90. The local authorities were blamed ______ignored the pollution issues in the area
A. About having B. on having C. for having D. before having