(Đọc văn bản về Vịnh Hạ Long, Di sản Thế giới tại Việt Nam, và chọn tiêu đề tốt nhất.)
A. Why Ha Long Bay was recognised as a World Heritage Site
B. Attractions in Ha Long Bay
C. Threats to Ha Long Bay and possible solutions
Recognised as a World Heritage Site in Viet Nam, Ha Long Bay attracts thousands of visitors every year, who come to enjoy its magnificent natural landscape. However, the bay is also facing a number of threats that may lead to serious damage to the site.
Wildlife in Ha Long Bay is being destroyed by overfishing as this is the only job to support most of the inhabitants here. As a result, rare sea creatures may become extinct soon.
Another problem is deforestation of mangrove forests. The mangroves, known as the plants native to Ha Long Bay, provide protection during storms, preserve the shoreline, and act as a natural filter that keeps the sea environment clean and healthy. Numerous wildlife species including plants and fish also depend on the mangroves.
What is more, some markets in Ha Long Bay sell unusual relics and natural objects, such as coral pieces, sea shells, or unique stones, probably illegally removed from the protected areas. Many of these items, converted into rings, key chains, and other souvenirs, are purchased by unsuspecting tourists. Buying these items creates a black market leading to further destruction of Ha Long Bay.
As eco-tourists, we can help to protect Ha Long Bay for future generations in several ways. For example, by sailing or fishing with the fishermen, we can share the benefits of tourism with the local community. This will help them to increase their income and reduce excessive fishing. We can also help local people to learn about the significance of the mangrove forests and help them to replant the mangroves. We should also avoid purchasing unusual souvenirs. As responsible tourists, we can discourage suspected traders or vendors by refusing to buy their illegal goods.
Tiêu đề phù hợp nhất là C. Threats to Ha Long Bay and possible solutions
(Đọc lại văn bản và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. What is the environmental impact of overfishing?
2. How important are the mangroves?
3. What is the problem with buying unusual objects?
4. What are the benefits of sailing or fishing with the local fishermen?
1. Rare sea creatures may become extinct.
2. They provide protection during storms, preserve the shoreline, and act as a natural filter that keeps the sea environment clean and healthy. Many wildlife species including plants and fish also depend on the mangroves.
3. The unusual relics are probably illegally removed from the protected areas.
4. The local fishermen can share the benefits of tourism and this will help them to increase their income and reduce excessive fishing.